Monday, May 01, 2006

Is there anyone who doesn't yet realize what's going on?

This article is for anyone out there who doesn't yet realize that the administration is playing by it's own rules and that we're a bunch of saps for letting it happen.

The news that Bush feels he can ignore laws and do whatever he wants isn't exactly breaking--they've been doing it since 2001 (remember Cheney's secret energy policy meeting). This article however is an indication that more people are becoming aware of it.

I admit I don't like Bush and co. Except for a few weeks in late september, 2001 when I tolerated him, I never liked him. Despite what I think about his policies, I just never liked his smug, aristocratic air that we shouldn't worry, he'll take care of it. Like the popular, rich kid in high school who's got the student body and teaching staff in his pocket, he goes around like he can do no harm. The result is a failure to admit/learn from mistakes, unwillingness to accept advice, and an inability to adapt to changing situations. Even if he had done everything right, I'd still hate him.

The fact is, he's gotten away with so much BS, it's amazing the smell alone didn't alert everyone from Alaska to the Keys. If his approval wasn't in the toilet, I'd be worried about him running for a third term. Luckily, the errors of the administration belie the image and Americans finally realize how badly they've been hoodwinked for the past five years. I only hope that the result will be more accountibility in the upper levels of gov't and greater scrutiny of the people we elect to hold those positions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home