Monday, February 20, 2006

The trouble with Ann coulter

I imagined myself at an Ann Coulter speaking engagement and if offered a chance to ask her a question, what would I ask? I came up with something like this:

Ann, you have recently begun to frame some of your remarks in the "I'm just joking" context as a way to justify some of the more outrageous things you say. For instance, you say you were only joking when you said things like the following:
-(regarding muslims), "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. (9/12/2001)"
-"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building.(8/20/2002)"
-"We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens' creme brulee,(1/26/2006)"

Given that you're only joking, why should anyone publish your words in serious policy journals? The National Review dropped your column after the first quote above but afterwards you've always managed to find places to publish your rantings. Do you feel that running your column makes a publication more or less reputable a source for serious political thinking?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home