Monday, February 06, 2006

Advice to muslims who are planning a demonstration

If you happen to be a muslim person living in any part of the world and you find yourself suddenly enraged, piqued, or moved in some way to take to the streets to demonstrate against the latest insult from the infidels, I have some advice for you.

-Before going out to the effigy shop to buy something to burn, before loading your AK and donning your mask, before grabbing your portable portrait of your favorite fanatic/cleric/dictator/martyr to hold and adore, answer this question: Will this rally improve my life or just make me and my fellow demonstrators feel better about our retched lives for a few hours?

-In adopting a stance that projects hatred and intolerance to millions of people in Israel, Europe and the Americas, will I be benefiting my society or making us look like a group of angry, self destructing imbeciles undeserving of the millions of dollars of aid that said peoples send us?

-If a group of my fellow followers of Mohammed plow airplanes into buildings full of people, killing thousands, will my celebration in the street convince those who were attacked that this was an aberration of my faith or an essential part of it?

-And finally, if the ruthless dictator/corrupt clerical regime or local thugs rally me to demonstrate against foreign enemies, is there any chance they are doing so to displace the blame for their failures as rulers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home